Upon completing a 40-Point Inspection, TEMA Roofing suggested ongoing partial roof replacement until all areas of the roof were addressed. Problem areas were prioritized based upon the severity of membrane damage and fixed one at a time. By incorporating a partial roof replacement strategy, the district was able to receive the necessary roof replacement while staying within financial constraints.
After the initial consultation, TEMA scheduled work quickly. The first phase of replacement spanned July to August 2019.
In order to expedite construction and maintenance services, many schools, universities, non-profit organizations and government entities utilize purchasing cooperatives like the Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS- USA).
What is a Purchasing Cooperative?
As described by TIPS, a purchasing cooperative leverages the purchasing power of entities across the nation. Through a single lead agency, the purchasing cooperative bids and awards contracts to vendors on behalf of the entity in need.
In regard to commercial roofing services from TEMA Roofing, this process expedites the contract procurement process and streamlines roofing project management capabilities – allowing school systems and other entities to concentrate on normal, daily responsibilities.
Overall benefits include:
- Access to local, best-in-class contractors
- Savings of time and money
- Flexibility to work with any major manufacturer
- Buying power or a national contract
- Compliance review of all proposals
- No membership fees
The 36,000 sq. ft. partial re-roof utilized white Duro-Last PVC. The material offers proven performance, especially when compared to other membranes (like TPO). Duro-Last PVC membranes are composed of film layers, laminated on both sides. It welds better, performs better and has a longer industry track record.
Benefits of White Duro-Last PVC Membrane
- Energy Efficiency – The highly-reflective white membranes provide energy savings in all geographic regions.
- Versatility – Products come in multiple colors and are lightweight enough to be installed in various applications (including over an existing roof without tear-off).
- Serviceability – White PVC is a durable, long-lasting product. The manufacturer’s warranty is good for 20 years, and case studies show that 30-40 year old roofs are still performing well when properly maintained.
- Code Approvals – All Duro-Last membranes meet or exceed major national fire and wind code requirements.
The Glenwood Junior High project incorporates ongoing commercial roof replacement within yearly budget constraints until all issues are resolved. Once fully complete, and in tandem with regular preventative commercial roof maintenance, the new system can be expected to last for decades.
Whether you have one building or one hundred, TEMA has the experience and expertise to fit your needs and budget. Our custom-designed programs are built for every roof within an asset portfolio, and our team of professional, knowledgeable staff work diligently to provide unmatched response, whether you are in need of a partial re-roof, new build or ongoing maintenance.